top of page

Jewellery Care Information

The most popular alloy combination used in jewelry is 925 Sterling Silver. It must have a bare minimum of 92.5% pure silver, with the remaining 7.5% made up of any metal. Traditionally, this metal is copper. Hundreds of years of research have also shown that copper is the perfect partner for silver, without impacting its pretty color. The incorporation of 7.5% copper strengthens and extends the life of sterling silver. Sterling silver, also known as “the alloy of the moon” due to its chalky white and greyish appearance.

There are several advantages of using sterling silver over fine silver that may persuade you to do so. Fine silver has a greater purity level of silver, making it more costly than less refined sterling silver. Sterling silver, on the other hand, looks just as fantastic as fine silver, which ensures you can buy at a more cost-effective price point. It’ll also make your item last and look as beautiful as possible for as long as possible. Sterling silver is simpler to mold than fine silver, which is soft and ductile, so you’ll have more choices made of sterling silver compared to silver. Fine silver is fairly fragile and ductile, and it is easily scratched & broken, making it unsuitable for jewelry. 

Silver has the potential to tarnish. This means that the gases in the air interfere with the metal, causing discoloration, fading, and what seems to be a “dirty” crust on top of silver objects. If well cared for, the fine sterling silver jewelry should last forever…

 

Gold and Rose Gold plating, ranges from 18k to 22k plating depending on the jewellery. The quality of the plating is very exceptionally high and will last longer.

 

Care Points to be kept in mind:

Avoid extensive water contact to the jewellery as it will tend to oxidise over time. Avoid using Perfumes and Deodrants while wearing the jewellery. The oils in your skin keeps it from corroding, so show-off wearing it often. While not wearing, storing the jewellery always in the Travel friendly pouch or in storage box that we provide keeps it safe.

 

 

Note: Gold and Rose gold plating may fade over the time and it is the nature of any jewellery. Clean the jewellery as per below steps to restore sparkle but we do not guarantee the original finish and we could help you get the polish done but the charges are to be borne by you.

 

 

When the jewellery fades or tarnishes you can use the below methods to give it back a shine,

Option-1

Rub the jewellery with a microfiber cloth provided in the package thoroughly and rinse it warm water and immediately dry it with cloth or tissue.

This is the easiest way to give back your jewellery a shine quickly.

 

 

Option-2

Follow the below simple steps using household items,

Step-1

            Take a small bowl and wrap it with aluminium foil.

Step-2

            Put your jewellery, add a table spoon of salt and a table spoon of baking soda.

Step-3

            Add hot water until it is submerged and keep it aside for 5 to 7mins. Let the magic happen.

Step-4

           Remove the jewellery from the solution and rinse it with running water. Immediately dry it thoroughly using a cloth or a tissue               or blow dry it.

Viola!! You will see the shine back again.

Write to us at Support@gograndeur.com to get your jewellery polished again and it would be charged according to the product.

bottom of page